This is an outstanding opportunity for the very best engineers to become part of an incredibly exciting international engineering business. MetLase is a joint-venture between Rolls-Royce and Unipart which provides creative engineering solutions to complex problems where precision and speed of deployment are critical. MetLase technologies enable the production of custom fixtures & tooling using a novel design approach, patented mechanical joining techniques and a laser-based manufacturing process.
You’ll be involved in solution-driven design and development work. You will need to be an extremely capable professional able to facilitate and assist in the development of existing and new products. You will solve complex problems for customers and prepare designs and calculations to support the development of a wide range of leading-edge fixtures and products for national and overseas markets across a range of industries which include aerospace, automotive and motorsport. Your responsibilities are likely to include:
- Development of new products working with customers and their engineering departments, ensuring they meet specification, functional, design and business performance requirements.
- Involvement in the design and development of innovative products from concept to operation including system specification, definition, prototyping, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning.
- Producing drawings, calculations, specifications and technical reports which may include performance and failure investigation for a wide variety of products.
- Supporting other engineers within the team.
- Ensuring intellectual property and commercial issues associated with product development and introduction are effectively managed with suppliers and customers.
Your career background is probably less important than your experience and skill which will need to be of an extremely high standard. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline, and have proven engineering design experience, ideally gained within a high precision, high quality environment. You will also have:
- A background in product design and development.
- Significant experience in the use of CAD systems preferably NX.
- A high degree of initiative and strong problem-solving capability.
- Demonstrable practical manufacturing or assembly experience.
- Customer focused with the ability to engage with a range of customers.
- A robust personality with the ability to work independently and contribute effectively as a member of a high performance team.
An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidates as well as the opportunity to operate in an entrepreneurial business at the forefront of international engineering.