Business Development Engineer - Automotive
This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented and well-connected Business Development Engineer to become part of an incredibly exciting international engineering business. MetLase is a joint-venture between Rolls-Royce and Unipart which provides creative engineering solutions to complex problems where precision and speed of deployment are critical. MetLase technologies enable the production of custom fixtures & tooling using a novel design approach, patented mechanical joining techniques and a laser-based manufacturing process.
You will sell engineering solutions to OEMs and Tier One companies in the automotive sector. You will need to be an extremely capable professional able to communicate on a technical basis with engineers, budget holders and senior management alike. You must have a flair for identifying new opportunities through innovation to create growth. Your responsibilities will include:
- Selling engineering solutions into the Automotive manufacturing sector to engineers, budget holders and senior management.
- Contribute to the sales strategy to achieve significant levels of growth
- Delivering incremental profitable sales for MetLase focused on automotive
- Delivering account growth
- Identify and exploit opportunities for growth through innovation
- Establish the MetLase proposition in the Automotive manufacturing sector
- Developing growth plans with existing customers such as JLR and Aston Martin and their Tier 1 supply chain
- Play an active role in supporting Customer Engagement teams within MetLase and the Unipart Group
You must have a sales background with automotive OEMs and Tier One companies. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline. You will also have:
- Must have sales experience, knowledge and connections within the Automotive sector
- Proven track record of delivering growth
- Manufacturing experience - understand the manufacturing process and has experience to be able to discuss engineering and design issues credibly with the client
- Ability to develop networks with customers, suppliers, engineers and within MetLase to ensure the business consistently provides a high quality service which exceeds customer requirements
- Be able to identify and exploit opportunities for growth through innovation
- Financially literate and ability to take responsibility for profitability of new business
- Ability to put together effective propositions
- Ability to understand and discuss contractual issues
- Customer facing skills able to interface with the customer and be credible at a senior level, backed up by an existing network of senior level contacts
- Understanding /experience of the sales process
- A robust personality with the ability to work independently and contribute effectively as a member of a high performance team.
- Self-driven to achieve challenging targets ability to quickly identify and exploit sales growth opportunities
- Qualified to BEng or equivalent
- A valid UK Driving License and be available to travel as required
- Permanent right to work and reside in the UK
An excellent salary and benefits package is on offer to the right candidates as well as the opportunity to operate in an entrepreneurial business at the forefront of international engineering.